Thursday, March 3, 2011

When Did I Become So Boring?

Okay, so it is currently 10:00 on a Thursday night. At this point, the old Jamie would currently be preparing for a night out on the town. Instead, I find myself in my pajama set (bought by my mother for Christmas -- thank you by the way), with my cat, and blogging. Oh my goodness, what has the world come to? Have I really become so boring?

Why in the world do people have to grow up? While all of my friends are preparing for a week full of bliss (also known as Spring Break), I find myself getting a head start on my research paper and getting some last minute reading in. Something is wrong with this picture right? I should be packing my bags to go to some tropical island where I should be consuming mass amounts of cute little drinks with little umbrellas in them..... A girl can dream right?

Thursday nights have become a thing of the past for me. No more going out during the week for me. For crying out loud, I'm lucky to get out one night during the weekend now-a-days. Who would have ever thought that I actually would put school before my social life? Luckily, I was blessed with an ability to pull anything out of my ass (sorry for the language mom). I could go out on a Thursday night when I had an exam early Friday morning, and STILL make a decent grade. I could walk into a room where I unexpectedly had an exam (it's not my fault I never went to class), and pass it with flying colors. So I guess the fact that my social life came first wasn't SO bad...

Now I am just old and downright boring. My weekly routine consists of work, class, running, and (here's the kicker) even cooking. Yes, I have recently acquired a need to actually make things instead of having others make things for me. I am assuming this is all just a part of growing up, but I can tell you right now I do not like it one bit. There is more out there than just this. Who says that all grown-ups have to be boring anyway? I have always been the exception to most rules.... Why change that now?

This older, more mature version of me isn't cutting it anymore. Eventually one day I will just wake up and not even recognize the person in the mirror. That's it, I'm booking a flight to a tropical island............

No comments:

Post a Comment