Monday, March 14, 2011

You Spring This On Me Now?

Recently, my mother informed me that I would not be getting an Easter basket this Easter. Seeing as how I am a mature 23 year old, I reacted how any sane person would; I pouted.

Easter is our thing. Okay, so maybe it's really Jesus's thing, but you get the point I hope. Easter has always been very special to me; the next best holiday after Christmas and my birthday. Don't get me wrong, it's not about receiving material things, it's the principle of the matter. I don't think you can ever be too old for an Easter basket, that makes no sense whatsoever. 

I think this topic also hit home due to the fact that it reiterates the fact that I am getting older (something I am trying to forget on a daily basis now). And if I don't receive an Easter basket, well that's just a blatant sign that I am getting old and decrepit at lightning speed. My youth lies in my Easter basket people! This is the only way I can stay young.

Not to mention, my mother still plans to give my brother an Easter basket. Children bias? Yes, I think so. This problem is just as bad as racial discrimination or gender bias. Giving one child an Easter basket while the other goes without is cruel and unusual punishment. And I know my rights!

Don't rain on my parade Mom! Just give me my Easter basket and no one gets hurt!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment