Monday, March 7, 2011

A Change of Plans

Well, who would have guessed? A change of plans.... with me. Okay, well I am not the most reliable when it comes to making plans and keeping them. But this is a big one.

Recently I have decided that I will go to law school. After about a year of graduate school I have had some time to think about what I really want to do. Sure, being a professor would be loads of fun, but it isn't something I want to do anymore. I never realized the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. The research and analysis that goes into finding and recording data is just something that does not interest me in the least bit.

I also came to the conclusion that I wanted to go to law school due to the fact that studying and memorizing court cases is something I look forward to. Sure, I say that now but it may change once (and if) I get into law school. I have a busy few months ahead of me: finish this semester of grad school, study for the LSAT, take the test in June, apply to law schools by Octoberish, AND still finish out with my program. Goodness grief, good thing I love school so much huh?

I have recently become very money-hungry. I have always been goal-oriented and I have always enjoyed making my own money. It is exhilarating for me to be able to go out and splurge on things knowing that I have worked hard for my money. That's another thing I take pride in; I have always been a very hard worker.

With this being said, I am proud to announce that I recently was given the chance to become a graduate assistant. This basically means I have a second job that pays well and is also a great resume builder. While this new job takes merely a few hours out of my week, my second job (as a waitress) has proven to be the best job I have had thus far. I really can't even think about leaving this job because it has been so great. The hours are fabulous, I pretty much make my own schedule, and did I mention the money? I cannot wait for summer when we are slammed and I can walk out with a large sum of money in my pocket.

Having money is something I enjoy very much; which partly plays a role in my recent life decision to apply to law school. I have (and always will be) an independent girl. I wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy making my own money and would never want to be dependent on a male for anything. Is this weird? No, it makes perfect sense to me. On the off chance I ever do end up getting married, I want to be able to be self-sufficient. 

With thoughts of law school running through my head, I not only think of future job opportunities; I also think of future men opportunities (I can say men now, because I am a woman right?). Thus far, I have had no luck in the men department in my graduate program. But then I think of all the eligible bachelors that await me at Elon, or Campbell, or UNC (because let's be real: I'm a homebody when you get down to it).

So I will be fervently preparing for my upcoming test on June 6th. This comes at a perfect time since Bonnaroo starts on June 9th (which is just in time to celebrate). And might I add: THE LINEUP FOR THIS SHOW IS AMAZING. Just a few more events to look forward to in my near future. 
 
Change isn't always scary, it can also be pretty exciting when you have an open mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment