I woke up today feeling a little less stressed than I have been in the past few days. Instead of procrastinating, like I have been so accustomed to my entire life, I decided to get a head start on my midterm that is due tonight. Now instead of waking up feeling anxious and stressed, I can actually have a good Monday, crazy right?
It is always better to start the week out on a positive note rather than having a "case of the Monday's"... so here is what I am loving today:
1. I love waking up to a cold apartment. No, seriously, I love it. I dread turning on the heat -- I hate hot air blowing on me for some reason -- however, I had to turn the heat on (finally) Saturday when we got snow flurries here. Our apartment is set to a cool 64 degrees, the perfect temperature.
2. I love having a completed workload for the week. I started my work early, and have finally finished (after a long and somewhat delirious night at the library) my 18 page midterm. That's right, 18 pages for an exam. And surprisingly it went smoother than I could have ever imagined.
3. I love reading blogs that aren't full of pictures and fashion. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at these blogs for inspiration, but I like hearing about what my friends are doing. When you get older, you separate from your friends. You move to different cities, work in different industries, and lead different lives than you used to. That is where modern technology comes in handy. It helps me keep up with friends close and far away. In this way, I can vicariously live through girlfriends and feel as if I am right there with them, even if our new lives don't allow that right now.
4. I love being independent. I know I have said this before, but now the word seems to have some new meaning as of late. After recently being able to let go of some of the bottled up emotions I have had stored for quite some time, I am able to look at my life in a completely different perspective. Sometimes you spend your life wanting something so badly, only to realize you were wrong (or misguided) on what it was you actually wanted. Everything comes in due time and rather than focusing my wants on something new, I am enjoying just being me.
5. Finally, I am loving the fact that I have my flight to NYC booked. Thanks to the quick service of Bank of America, I received my new debit card in the mail on Saturday. Who knew I could go an entire week without needing one?! After booking my flight today, I am set and ready to visit the Big Apple again in less than two weeks. It doesn't hurt that it there is a huge electronic music festival that weekend either. Trouble is surely to follow.... Only kidding mom.
Happy Halloween! And Happy Monday! Start your week out on the right foot.