Monday, February 13, 2012

Spring is in the Air!

Well, not really... but in my mind I am already in a different season. Don't get me wrong, I love my ponchos and boots just as much as any other gal, I just have had enough of them this winter. Wait a second, are you telling me we actually had a winter? Could have fooled me... And no, this is not a case where I want to be proven wrong later (keeping my fingers crossed for a very mild last winter here in Boone).

I absolutely, positively, 100% love spring fashion. The colors, the lack of clothes, showing off a new pedicure in a pair of metallic strappy sandals... Goodness grief, I'm getting ahead of myself. Cool your jets girl!

Currently, I am obsessed with a few trends. And, as per usual, I have been browsing Pinterest for what seems like hours again. Lately I have been neglecting dear old Pinterest.. But fear not, I can only stay away for so long. The downside: once I start, I can't stop. Literally.
 These are a-freakin'-mazing. I am obsessed with print -- just look at those colors, how can you resis?! I have been talking for a while about buying an older pair of jeans and kind of making them into my own. These are pre-made, perfect for the lazy girl in me! I wouldn't mind trying something like this, or even getting crazy and  adding fabric to one of the back pockets. I'm also feelin' the distressed look these puppies have goin' on. I swear, they are just screaming "WEAR ME!"

 You thought the first pair of shorts couldn't get better? Well, you were wrong. LACE. YES. I am in love with these shorts. If I ever stick to my vow to make something off of pinterest, it will be a replica of at least one of these pairs of shorts.

It's understandable if you aren't necessarily a fan of the shorts. But, my friends, if you don't like this outfit combo... something is wrong with you. Seriously. I love this look because it is simple (yes, neon green/yellow pants can be simple). The chambray shirt also brings the outfit down a notch and really turns this into something anyone can wear. It's like a mullet. Business on the top, party on the bottom. Hallelujah!
 
I don't even need to say anything about these shorts, they speak for themselves. LOVE the print and the pops of color. Pair them with a simple white or black blouse and you will be turning heads in no time. 

These shirts are my jam. Have I said how much I am obsessed with three quarter length anythings? What is not to like about them? I want them all. In every color. In my closet. Right now. Put these on with shorts, minis, or skinnies... You just can't go wrong. I'm envisioning myself in these as we speak.
Nothing says spring like a fedora. I have recently developed an obsession with hats. Not just hat sacks, but all different types of hats. Imagine yourself in one of these with those newly designed shorts you just made! You like what you see, huh?!

This last look is less Boone-inspired, but still such a fun (more grown-up) look. I love blazers, and this spring look is definitely something I could see myself wearing. The hot pink is also something that would gain mother's approval... And I don't think I can say that about any of my other spring obsessions.

It seems like just yesterday I was so excited to wear my leggings and boots and scarves... Funny how I change my mind so quickly. Typical gal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment